Saturday, January 7, 2012

Kreativ Blogger Award


I was nominated for a Kreativ Blogger Award by the awesome commuting girl, who has a great blog and is a future beta buddy.  Thanks, commutinggirl! The mysteriously elusive "e" at the end of "kreativ" is but one aspect of this award that I enjoy. Somehow I feel like maybe it's something the Kardashian family created. I'm not knocking it; it just shows how their mighty empire extends even to lowly bloggers.  Maybe they'll create a spin-0ff reality show in which all of us nominees/winners have to compete for the Kreativ Blogger crown. The idea of doing a reality show is less appealing to me than crawling across broken glass, but for this fantasy show? I'm totally in.

In accordance with the rules, I’m sharing 10 things you may or may not know about me, and nominating 6 more bloggers who are awesomely creative.

10 Things You may Not Know About Me

1. I have central heterochromia—the irises of my eyes are more than one color.

2. I throw nail polish bottles near (not at) the squirrels in the yard through the window to drive them away from the birdseed I’ve spread. Sometimes it works.


3. I have three master’s degrees, but can’t do fractions to save my life (right-brain learning disability for the win!)


4. I’ve never been to California (but I want to go!)


5. When I was little, I could spin forever and never get dizzy.


6. In high school, competing in Lincoln-Douglas debate tournaments was my life. Beating most of your opponents in a male-dominated activity is awesome for a teenage girl’s ego ;)


7. I’m always colder than everyone else. But it pays off in the summer, when I’m comfortable as others sweat and moan.


8. I’m fascinated by Mormons and Scientologists.


9. My favorite book of all time is Lolita.


10. If I could magically be granted one talent or ability, I’d choose to be a great singer.

Now, passing along the nomination, I give you six bloggers who you should read, if you’re not already:


ELEW members write from a cranky and annoyed perspective, telling the truth about writing in a way that most bloggers are afraid to.

2. Gina at Fantasy Casting  

Through imagining how novels should be cast, Gina takes a game we all often play in our reads and blogs it for the world to enjoy.

3. Jaime Morrow of Jaime Reading and Writing

She’s honest, open, and helpful  in her posts about her journey through writing. I always enjoy her YA Highway responses and comments.


 I like her attitude, always like reading her YA Highway posts, and her participation in ROW80 has really piqued my interest.  Oh, and her website’s pretty cool, too.

5. Karen McCoy at The Writer Librarian.

As a fellow writer/librarian, I like reading about someone who comes from a similar background/perspective. But beyond that, she has some really insightful things to say about her writing and the process of developing as a writer.

6. Kelley and shellybean of The Book Dorks

They’re re-reading and reviewing V.C. Andrews books. Need I say more?

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! This totally made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad it made your day. It kind of made mine, too, when I was nominated :) It's the little things, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm WARMER than everybody. It's probably because I'm Sagittarius (fire sign, you know).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!
    I'll be addressing that on my blog soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I'll look out for your post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Pat--Well, I'm a Gemini (air sign), and I don't think it's having a positive effect on my temperature comfort level. You'd think with my dual nature and all that I could be warm in the winter and cool in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much! I'm so glad you found my posts useful! Will definitely be mentioning this in my next post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're very welcome! I will check out the next post.

    ReplyDelete