Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Advent Calendar

OPEN DOOR. . .

Here's a slideshow of vintage Christmas ads I've compiled.Why, you might ask, is there a blizzard of snow engulfing my slides? Because it's festive! I own the cheesiness. The cheesiness is mine.

I enjoy old ads in a way that I just can't enjoy new ones. There's no feeling of psychological resistance to vintage ads, because I know I can't buy anything depicted. Although I would love to own snowflake Pyrex; I think that's my favorite ad. Anyone else have a favorite?


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm a new follower every way I could find. You have a great site and hope you can get the chance to visit mine and return the favor. I also just posted the Winter Wonderland Blog Hop if you'd like to join! Thanks! www.adeliciousobsession.com

    ReplyDelete